Before a baby is born, brain cells and nerons are formed. At birth, the brain of a baby is 25% of the brain of an adult. At birth, the functions of our brain, thinking, remembering, emotional and social behavior did not develop.
After birth, synapses begin to form between neurons. In the first year, millions of connections are formed. The connections in the brain of a 2-year-old baby are twice as high as those in an adult brain. Neurons that do not receive external stimuli do not connect with other neurons. When the first connections are formed, the brain begins to develop these existing connections.
Childhood experiences are evident in which cells are used in the working circuits of the brain. Unstimulated and unused cells are screened. When a baby reaches the age of 3, 90% of the physical growth of the brain is completed. In the first 10 years of life, well-stimulated neural connections grow, become stronger, better organized dir This is the period during which connections between neurons aged 3-6 are at their highest level. Childhood life and environmental conditions affect brain function positively or negatively, play little and little touch in children brain development peers have proven to be 20-30% less.
Well brain What do we know about? Here are a few questions:
What We Know About The Brain
1. Basic brain cell connections occur before birth. (D / Y)
2. When babies are born, they have the ability to learn all the languages of the world. (D / Y)
3. The brain of a 3-year-old baby has synapses of brain cells at maximum intensity. (D / Y)
4. The period up to 3 years is the most important years for brain development. After the age of 3, the work will be late… (D / Y)
5. Proper nutrition is essential for healthy brain development. (D / Y)
6. Reading a book to a newborn will help her learn to read more easily in the future. (D / Y)
7. What we know about the brain is usually the result of research on animal brains, not humans, and these studies have not been adequately evaluated or misunderstood. (D / Y)
• The architecture of the brain begins to take shape during pregnancy. Some simple brain functions formed by this embodiment are vital functions.
• During pregnancy, the general structure, even though the hardware has been formed, the connections between different parts of the brain, the software has not developed because the brain has not developed…
• Brain development process life conditions after birth are in close relationship with relationships and experiences.
• Unlike all other organs (for example, the heart is able to perform all life-long functions at birth), the brain of a newborn cannot perform all the incredible functions that it can perform in the future. A number of developmental steps have to be overcome. All vital experiences that will be present after birth will constitute the stages of brain development.
• When babies are born, they have the ability to learn not only a language but all languages of the world. They hear different voices, speech and accent differences. A baby perceives a syllable that is not in his own language as a different sound. He continues to hear this difference in the 6th month, but does not perceive this difference in the 12th month. (Kuhl)
• Even when they are in their mother's womb, they can react according to the sounds of the mother reflecting different emotions.
• Between 6-12 months, the mother tongue of babies is more prominent than other languages.
• The complex network formation of the brain does not last a lifetime. When the connection amount reaches its peak, it stops and starts the sieving / pruning period. The connection begins to decrease in quantity and density and to decrease to the level of an adult.
• Elimination and reduction of brain cell connections in humans begins around 3 years of age and continues until 16 years of age.
• Are you reading this article, trying to learn something new?
• Especially when we look at psychological researches examining mother-child relations, we know that the first three years of life form the basis of a healthy psychological development. Brain development When we examine their research, we see that the first three years form the basis of learning.
• As we know that learning continues through the growth process, we can never say that brain development is completed in the first three years. (Nelson, 2000)
• Proper nutrition is very important during pregnancy. Mothers have folic acid and iron requirements. Iron is necessary for red blood cells, which are oxygen carriers and are essential for brain development.
• Breast milk contains every nutrient important in brain development. Some studies have found higher IQ levels in breast-fed infants than in formula-fed infants.
• Understand the importance of creating a language-rich environment. Reading it is only one way. Talking, singing, listening to music, etc. others.
• A study with 20-month-old infants in Chicago revealed that the babies of a talkative mother knew 131 more words than a non-talkative mother and that around 2 years there was a 295-word difference. This is a real conversation environment, not television. (Begley, 1997) It was observed that children who met words early and grew up in environments with a lot of dialogue had higher primary school success.
• Starting with monkeys and rats, studies have been done with people thanks to developing technology. And yes, the parents, environmental conditions, living standards brain development important shares have not been clear until recent studies.
Compiled from an article by Child Development Expert Figen Zanbak.