Otitis is an inflammation of the posterior part of the eardrum. It is often associated with upper respiratory tract infections. It is a very common disease in infants. Eustachian pipes are short and narrow ear infections of babies there are many possibilities. Some of the babies have this disease only once or twice and never get caught again. ear inflammation Some of them often have ear infections until preschool years.
Symptoms of Middle Ear Inflammation:
Babies it is more difficult to understand because he cannot say where it hurts. Bigger Kids Ears
they say it hurts.
Acute otitis media usually has the following symptoms:
- Increasing especially at night Earache (Babies sometimes rub, pull, or hold their ears with their hands, but they usually do not do anything other than cry, sometimes even do it. Sometimes, if the baby is crying because of ear pain when sucking milk or feeding a bottle, it is because the ear pain hits the jawbone.
- Light fire
- Discomfort and restlessness
- Usually hearing loss (temporary, but can be permanent if left untreated for months).
- Rarely Nausea
- Sometimes Loss of Appetite
- Rarely, the color of the eardrum can be seen first with a pink color and later with redness and bloating (though the baby's ear may also be reddened by crying). The eardrum may heal spontaneously over time, but treatment prevents further damage.
- Sometimes there are almost no symptoms except for the presence of water in the ears.
- Sometimes a sound similar to the burst of air bubbles during suction or swallowing.
Similar symptoms may occur in case of foreign body escaping to the ear and pain during respiratory infections.
Middle Ear Inflammation Reasons :
Some allergies may cause inflammation of the middle ear, but the main cause is bacteria or viruses. Infants and young children may have middle ear inflammation because they have narrow and short eustachian tubes, often develop upper respiratory infections that can cause ear infections, because they have underdeveloped immune systems or are usually fed on their back.
Children and infants microbes can easily pass through this way to the middle ear because the eustachian tube is short. The shortness of these pipes also causes them to easily clog up in the slightest cold due to swelling. Fluid that cannot pass through the obstructed tube accumulates in the middle ear and bacteria can easily grow in the accumulated fluid. (usually bacteria called streptococcus and hemoplilus influenza)
- Not directly transmitted. It usually follows colds and flu.
- Ear infection may be inherited from the family.
Middle Ear Inflammation Treatment:
Certainly you should not try to treat yourself.
Antibiotics are used for bacterial infection, which the doctor considers appropriate. If given by prescription, ear drip is used.
To relieve pain and fever doctorate Warm compress can be done with a warm water bag until it goes away.
In addition, in chronic infections, your doctor may need to intervene in the ear under general anesthesia. (such as draining the tube and liquid)
It is useful to examine the ear frequently until you are sure that the discomfort of the ear does not become chronic.
Attention: Sometimes the eardrum spontaneously punctures and flows again because the disease is finished
does not mean.
Middle Ear InflammationProtection:
An effective method of protection is not known. However, the following will help to minimize the risks in the infected baby.
- Ensuring balanced nutrition, adequate rest and regular medical care
- Breastfeeding for at least 3 months
- A way of feeding and sleeping that will keep your head as high as possible when your baby has a cold.
- If your baby has a cold or an allergy, you should use nasal drops before getting on the plane, and you should breast-feed or bottle-feed your baby when the plane is taking off and landing on the ground.
- Babies should be kept in a smoke-free environment.