Healthy Snacks for Breastfeeding
Feeding with breast milk every baby is entitled. The emotional bond between the mother and the baby, which starts during pregnancy, gains a different dimension during breastfeeding.
In order to establish the emotional connection between mother and baby and to continue the production of milk that starts with hormonal effects, the newborn baby should be given as soon as possible after birth, preferably Breastfeeding in the first half hour is required.
World Health Organization; babies should be fed only breast milk for the first 6 months, no additional food, including water, should be given after the sixth month, starting with the appropriate additional food, breastfeeding Up to 2 years It is recommended to continue. The mother who wishes can also breastfeed her baby after 2 years.
During breastfeeding, the mother should be fed enough and balanced to keep the balance of the nutrients in her own body and to get the energy, protein, minerals and vitamins that the milk secretes. If the mother is insufficient and unbalanced, she spends her body stores. This may cause deterioration in health and insufficient milk secretion causes.
Breastfeeding mother about every day 700 ml of milk secretions and for it 500-700 calories per day Spend.
During the breastfeeding period, the lost tanks must be replaced. Therefore;Breastfeeding mothers 3 main meals, at least 2 meals should be planned.
Snacks during pregnancy as well as during pregnancy blood sugar balancing and ensuring appetite control is of great importance in terms of.Healthy snacks are snacks with a high nutritional value but relatively low in calories, total fat, saturated fat and sugar. The most important part of this equation is the increase in nutritional value.
During breastfeeding, it will help increase your milk 6 healthy snacks we have put together for you.
Nutrition recommendations during breastfeeding See our article on.
// www. / Breast-feeding-the-eras onerileri /
Healthy Snacks to Help Increase Breast Milk
Fluid support is the most important for adequate secretion of breast milk. Water is the most valuable liquid for us during this period.
day consume at least 10-12 glasses of water I recommend. If you have difficulty consuming water, you can color your water with various fruits.
Also to support your fluid intake during lactation Fennel Daisy As you can consume herbal teas.
molasses, strengthens the immune systemincreases body resistance.
It is rich in iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and copper, thus protecting the bones. It is good for stomach and digestive system problems. Grape, mulberry, carob molasses have milk-enhancing effect. It also energizes the mother with high calories.
Sesame oil with quality oils it affects milk quality positively. You can mix and consume 1 teaspoon of tahini molasses 2-3 days a week.Attention! Tahina and molasses will be returned to you in pounds when you increase the portion amount due to being sugary.
Oats are a source of complex carbohydrates. Keeps you full for a long time, makes you feel energetic and increases the amount of milk.
Oats stimulate the secretion of oxytocin, which allows milk to progress through the breast canals. This accelerates the progression of milk through the channels.
It contains high amount of soluble fiber and pulp.
This regulates your digestive system. You can easily add 3 tablespoons of yogurt and fruit to your oatmeal.
Milk / buttermilk / Butter
To increase breast milk, you must first increase your fluid consumption. You can easily consume milk, buttermilk and kefir as a source of protein and calcium in your main and intermediate meals. also your intestinal health In this group is quite important.
We said that fluid support is very important to increase breast milk. Fennel tea is rich in substances that cause hormone changes and is essential for the release of breast milk. accelerates the production of estrogen and prolactin hormones. Helps reduce gas complaints. Relaxes both your baby and you.
Carrot helps increase milk production thanks to its estrogen and phytoestrogen, a plant chemical.
also estrogen hormonedevelops milk channels within the breast tissue.
Besides all this, carrots are a good one. beta-carotene supply In this way, the need for beta-carotene increased during breastfeeding. You can add carrots to your salads, you can easily consume carrots in your meals.
On Facebook and YouTube Recommendations to increase breast milk You can watch our live broadcast.
Nutrition Advice During Breastfeeding
- Care should be taken to obtain sufficient liquid for the production of adequate breast milk. At least a dayTaking 8-12 glasses of liquidrecommended and supplemented with herbal teas such as fennel, linden. ButGreen tea consumption during lactation It is not recommended because it will affect the baby's sleep quality. Because green tea has a high caffeine content.
- High nutritional value in addition to water during lactationmilk and juice drinks should be preferred. Since milk and fruit juice will also cover the consumption of other nutrients, it will also affect breast milk productivity. For example; milk consumption will provide calcium and vitamin C supplements. Let's make sure that the juice is sugar-free and not to be kept waiting.
- Slimming diet during lactation,shock diets, low calorie dietsshould not be done. If the energy intake falls below 1800 calories per day, the nutrients required for the body are not adequately taken. This may weaken the mother and adversely affect milk production. A low-calorie diet, especially at the beginning of lactationreduces milk production and adversely affect the nutritional value of milk.
- During lactationalcohol and smokingshould not be used.
- Onions, garlic, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, hot spices or dried legumesenjoying breast milkYou can change. While this may cause restlessness in some babies (gas formation, refusal to suck), others may not notice at all. If your baby develops serious discomfort, such foods should be consumed less often or not at all.
- Vitamin DThere is not enough amount in foods. However, it is provided by direct reflection of the sun's rays to the skin. Therefore, lactating mother and baby should benefit from the sun enough.
- Must-have mealsiodized saltIt should be used.
- Vegetables and fruits should be washed with plenty of water.
- Food consumption should be avoided.
- Iron absorptionto prevent reduction tea consumption should be reducedshould be consumed 2 hours before or after meals if consumed.
- Fresh fruit juices or milk group instead of instant juices, soda and soda drinksbuttermilk, kefirhealthy drinks should be preferred.
- Since sugar is an empty source of energy, it makes blood substitutes for sugar.molasses It should be consumed.
- The drug should not be used without medical advice.
- The first 10 days of breastfeeding,raw milk, raw vegetables should not be consumed fruit. Milk should be consumed in the form of custard and fruit should be consumed in the form of compote or fruit custard. Raw milk, raw vegetables and fruits can make the baby gas.
- Caffeinated drinks should not be consumed.
- Salami, sausage, sausageother ready-to-eat foods such as additives should not be eaten as much as possible.
Leave a comment below this article to share your experiences with us. If you have any questions, you can ask our questions and answers.
Nutritionist Beyza Uyan