International Polyclinic Etiler Dietician Zerrin Aydın Çocuklar In children with normal growth curve, appetite is the lowest between 15-18 months. Rejection of food or behavior towards certain foods is common in 2-year-olds. ”
Anorexia occurs when the child does not want to take the food.
- Intestinal parasites
- Diseases lead to loss of appetite
Psychological causes also affect anorexia. In children with normal growth curve, appetite is the lowest between 15-18 months. Rejection of food or behavior towards certain foods is common in children aged 2 years. Children do not show the same growth rate in every period. Rapid growth from birth to 1 year 2.3.4. Decreases in age. An average increase of 2 kg per year.
- If the growth and development of the child is normal,
- If eating habits do not create a health problem,
- If the child eats as much as he needs,
mothers should not worry.
Sometimes, even if a meal is skipped or even for a few days due to malnutrition, it does not cause a significant health problem.
- In children with anorexia, fluid intake should be limited 1 hour before and during meals. Because children prefer to drink and eat easily, they feel a saturation, so they consume inadequate nutrients.
- Glasses should be used instead of bottles. This reduces fluid consumption.
- The amount of beverages such as milk and fruit juice should be determined… For example, 2 glasses of milk are sufficient.
- Different kinds of foods should be tried.
- If he rejects food at a meal, a completely different food can be tried. If he refuses it, no food should be given until the next meal.
- Confectionery, chips, chocolate, biscuits can prevent appetite. Snacks should be small portions.
- Foods should be prepared for children to eat easily. Such as small sliced cucumbers, carrots.
- Forcing the child to eat makes the problem worse. Rejected food should be tried again after a while.
- Grouping with their peers improves positive eating behaviors.